FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The sharp contrast between the cities of Greenwich and Bridgeport are highlighted in an NPR/Global Post report on worldwide wealth and poverty.
"Welcome to Fairfield County, Conn., the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis, but also among the most unequal in terms in income distribution," says the story, which compares the high-end shops of Greenwich Avenue with frequent gun violence in Bridgeport about 25 miles away.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Report Says