FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The sharp contrast between the cities of Greenwich and Bridgeport are highlighted in an NPR/Global Post report on worldwide wealth and poverty.
"Welcome to Fairfield County, Conn., the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis, but also among the most unequal in terms in income distribution," says the story, which compares the high-end shops of Greenwich Avenue with frequent gun violence in Bridgeport about 25 miles away.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan