FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A pair of accidents on the Merritt Parkway and I-95 were already slowing down the Thursday evening commute as of 3 p.m.
A two-vehicle accident closed the right lane of the Merritt Parkway northbound between exits 42 and 44 in Fairfield. Traffic was quickly backing up into Westport.
Another crash between exits 12 and 13 on I-95 northbound has been cleared, but traffic was still backed up beyond Exit 10 in Darien.
The usual northbound slowdown in Stamford has traffic snarled at Exit 8.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 New Canaan's Allison Williams Honored On 40-Under-40 List
- 5 State's FBI Chief Details Threat Of Homegrown Terrorism In New Canaan Talk