NEW CANAAN, Conn. — How long does it take you to get to work from your home in New Canaan?
How Long Does It Take You To Get To Work, New Canaan?View Results
How Long Does It Take You To Get To Work, New Canaan?
A few steps, I work from home.3%
About 10 minutes, I work close to home.26%
About 30 minutes, I have an average commute.18%
About an hour, I have a longer commute.32%
More than 90 minutes, I am a mega-commuter.21%
According to statistics released by the Census Bureau, commuters from Fairfield County travel for more than 100 minutes and more than 60 miles into New York, which makes it one of the largest mega-commuter flows in the country.
The Census Bureau defines a mega-commute as a one-way trip of at least 90 minutes and at least 50 miles, a statement said. Nearly 600,000 full-time workers in the country have mega-commutes to work, the statement said.
The average commute takes just more than 25 minutes, and 8.1 percent of people commute more than 60 minutes each day, the statement said. Just more than 4 percent work from home, the statement said.
Most people drive alone to work, 79.9 percent, with 10.1 percent carpooling and 4.8 percent walking or biking, the statement said. Only 5.3 percent of all commuters take public transportation, but 23 percent of people with commutes longer than 60 minutes do.
Read more about the study here.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan