NEW CANAAN, Conn. — The New Canaan train branch was shut down Thursday morning due to power outages in the Talmadge Hill area, Metro-North reported.
Passengers will have to take buses, which may be delayed due to "hazardous" route conditions on Route 106.
The weather also was caused 30-minute delays on the New Haven line.
The storm caused thousands of power outages across the region, but only about 100 customers in New Canaan had lost power as of 6 a.m., Thursday.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield