NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Two young girls found walking along a town road by themselves led the news this week in New Canaan. Here is a look at what happened this past week.
- A New Canaan man was charged with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after his daughters, ages 2 and 4, were found walking around town by themselves . The man said he left the girls at home to walk the dog and thought they were unable to get out of the locked house.
- New Canaan Police set up a DWI checkpoint over the previous weekend and ticketed three men on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- The Bank of New Canaan is rebranding to become Bankwell . The rebranding also includes local banks in Wilton, Fairfield and Stamford.
- William C. Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, was in the area Tuesday to talk about the regional economy, which he said is recovering slowly .
- On July 4, New Canaan celebrated Independence Day with its annual Family Fourth Fireworks at Waveny Park.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.