NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan High School was named as one of the best in the country for preparing students for college, an announcement that was one of the top stories of the past week in town. Here is a look at what else happened.
▪ Commuters had to deal with added traffic on the roads and trains early this week as people had to adjust after a train was derailed in Bridgeport the week before. Trains got back up and going Tuesday afternoon.
▪ New Canaan Police joined the national campaign for “Click It Or Ticket” and announced it has set up additional patrols to make sure people are wearing their seat belts.
▪ Four New Canaan teenagers were charged in an eBay scheme in which they posted photos and descriptions of items on the website, received bids on the items and then sent the user guides for the items rather than the actual items, police said.
▪ A cyclist was injured after falling from a bike Tuesday afternoon on Ponus Ridge Road. The cyclist was transferred to the hospital for treatment of a hand injury.
▪ On Tuesday, New Canaan High School was named as one of the best in the country at preparing graduates for college by The Daily Beast.
▪ The U.S. Census Bureau released new statistics for town populations Thursday and found that New Canaan has 337 more residents now than in 2010, giving it a total of 20,110.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year