NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan High School was named as one of the best in the country for preparing students for college, an announcement that was one of the top stories of the past week in town. Here is a look at what else happened.
▪ Commuters had to deal with added traffic on the roads and trains early this week as people had to adjust after a train was derailed in Bridgeport the week before. Trains got back up and going Tuesday afternoon.
▪ New Canaan Police joined the national campaign for “Click It Or Ticket” and announced it has set up additional patrols to make sure people are wearing their seat belts.
▪ Four New Canaan teenagers were charged in an eBay scheme in which they posted photos and descriptions of items on the website, received bids on the items and then sent the user guides for the items rather than the actual items, police said.
▪ A cyclist was injured after falling from a bike Tuesday afternoon on Ponus Ridge Road. The cyclist was transferred to the hospital for treatment of a hand injury.
▪ On Tuesday, New Canaan High School was named as one of the best in the country at preparing graduates for college by The Daily Beast.
▪ The U.S. Census Bureau released new statistics for town populations Thursday and found that New Canaan has 337 more residents now than in 2010, giving it a total of 20,110.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High