WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – More rain is in the forecast for this weekend, the National Weather Service says.
Late day showers are expected on Friday and Saturday, and the NWS says widespread shower and thunderstorm activity could develop on Saturday afternoon.
“There is the potential for a few cells to produce strong to severe wind gusts, mainly north and west of New York City,” the NWS said.
The rainy weather should clear up on Sunday, although meteorologists aren't ruling out isolated showers throughout the region.
Friday: Mostly sunny with a high near 80 degrees. There's a 60 percent chance of rain as the day progresses, with new rainfall expected to amount to a tenth to a quarter of an inch.
Saturday: There's a 60 percent chance of rain, with a chance of thunderstorm between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Temperatures should be in the mid-70s.
Sunday: There's a 30 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m., but the skies should clear during the day. Temperatures should be in the mid-60s.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'