WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – More rain is in the forecast for this weekend, the National Weather Service says.
Late day showers are expected on Friday and Saturday, and the NWS says widespread shower and thunderstorm activity could develop on Saturday afternoon.
“There is the potential for a few cells to produce strong to severe wind gusts, mainly north and west of New York City,” the NWS said.
The rainy weather should clear up on Sunday, although meteorologists aren't ruling out isolated showers throughout the region.
Friday: Mostly sunny with a high near 80 degrees. There's a 60 percent chance of rain as the day progresses, with new rainfall expected to amount to a tenth to a quarter of an inch.
Saturday: There's a 60 percent chance of rain, with a chance of thunderstorm between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Temperatures should be in the mid-70s.
Sunday: There's a 30 percent chance of showers before 7 a.m., but the skies should clear during the day. Temperatures should be in the mid-60s.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 National Weather Service: New Canaan's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race