FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Snow was beginning to arrive Saturday afternoon, but Fairfield County should not see much accumulation.
Snow showers were spreading across the region Saturday afternoon and were expected to continue into the evening, the National Weather Service said.
Only a dusting or an inch or two of snow accumulation is expected across Fairfield County. Nevertheless, slick road conditions are possible and driving conditions could be hazardous in spots. Areas north and west could receive 1 to 3 inches.
But a hazardous weather outlook from the National Weather Service warned that some melting of the snow pack during the day on Saturday, combined with the light coating of snow in the afternoon, could lead to black ice on roadways. The quick drop in evening temperatures will lead to icy conditions, especially on untreated surfaces overnight.
Saturday’s high of about 30 degrees will drop into the teens overnight. Sunday will be mostly cloudy with a high near 20 degrees and wind-chill factors as low as 0.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan