NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan Police charged a 14-year-old Stamford girl after she hit another vehicle with her grandfather's car and drove away.
- A female pedestrian suffered severe injuries after she was hit by a car while crossing Park Street near the New Canaan Train Station.
- New Canaan police charged a Norwalk woman Cynthia Rabanal, 31, with driving under the influence after allegedly finding her asleep in a running vehicle.
- New Canaan's Sarah Mannelly, a sophomore lacrosse player at Boston College, was named the women's winner of the school's Eagle of the Week award.
- Greenwich triathlete and businesswoman Katha Diddel-Warren died at the age of 56.
- Stamford resident Christian Garnett, charged in the assault of a Norwalk police officer in 2013, has resigned as a Darien lacrosse and football coach to focus in rehabilitating from his injuries.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard