FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A huge wintry storm will only graze Fairfield County on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, staying mostly out to sea, according to Accuweather.com.
Fairfield County towns will likely only see a dusting of snow with an outside chance of up to 3 inches. Coastal towns are more likely to see higher accumulations than inland locations.
As the storm moves northeast to pummel Cape Cod, however, gale-force winds are likely to move in overnight and into Wednesday.
Winds will be around 25 mph on Wednesday with gusts of up to almost 50 mph.
Schools are not likely to be affected by the storm.
After this storm, more springlike conditions are on the horizon.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home