FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A huge wintry storm will only graze Fairfield County on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, staying mostly out to sea, according to Accuweather.com.
Fairfield County towns will likely only see a dusting of snow with an outside chance of up to 3 inches. Coastal towns are more likely to see higher accumulations than inland locations.
As the storm moves northeast to pummel Cape Cod, however, gale-force winds are likely to move in overnight and into Wednesday.
Winds will be around 25 mph on Wednesday with gusts of up to almost 50 mph.
Schools are not likely to be affected by the storm.
After this storm, more springlike conditions are on the horizon.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent
- 5 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity