FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A wind advisory for Fairfield County will last through 6 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service said.
Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph are expected. The strongest winds are expected to hit the area in the afternoon.
Winds of this strength can damage trees and could cause minor property damage, the weather service said. The winds could also cause power outages.
Drivers are asked to take special caution and are warned that driving can be difficult, particularly for trucks, SUVs and vans.
Along Long Island Sound, there is a gale warning for gusts of up to 40 knots. High seas of 5 to 8 feet are expected for this afternoon and evening.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home