FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A wind advisory for Fairfield County will last through 6 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service said.
Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph are expected. The strongest winds are expected to hit the area in the afternoon.
Winds of this strength can damage trees and could cause minor property damage, the weather service said. The winds could also cause power outages.
Drivers are asked to take special caution and are warned that driving can be difficult, particularly for trucks, SUVs and vans.
Along Long Island Sound, there is a gale warning for gusts of up to 40 knots. High seas of 5 to 8 feet are expected for this afternoon and evening.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield