FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A wind advisory for Fairfield County will last through 6 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service said.
Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph are expected. The strongest winds are expected to hit the area in the afternoon.
Winds of this strength can damage trees and could cause minor property damage, the weather service said. The winds could also cause power outages.
Drivers are asked to take special caution and are warned that driving can be difficult, particularly for trucks, SUVs and vans.
Along Long Island Sound, there is a gale warning for gusts of up to 40 knots. High seas of 5 to 8 feet are expected for this afternoon and evening.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48