NORWALK, Conn. -- Connecticut is one of the states that is least dependent on the federal government, according to a new study from WalletHub.
The personal finance social network known as WalletHub released analysis that illustrates which states are most and least dependent on the federal government. After comparing 50 states and Washington, D.C., it turned out Connecticut ranked fifth overall.
In some categories, Connecticut came in 25th in "Lowest Return on Federal Income Tax," fourth in "Highest Independent State Revenue" and first in "Least Federal Employees Per Capita," according to the study.
"The extent to which the average American’s tax burden would vary based on his state of residence represents a significant point of differentiation between state economies. But it’s only once piece of the puzzle," the study said.
"The idea of the American freeloader burst into the public consciousness when 47 percent started trending on Twitter. And while the notion is senselessly insulting to millions of hardworking Americans, it is true that some states receive a far higher return on their federal income tax investment than others."
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'