NEW CANAAN, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The New Canaan Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
A quiet Friday afternoon was disturbed in New Canaan with reports of shots fired at a condominium complex on Park Street. Residents were later stunned to hear that two people were found dead at 131 Park St., not far from the New Canaan Post Office.
Police later determined that James Owen, 48, shot Billie D. Falgout-Owen, 52, on the afternoon of Sept. 21 before shooting himself. Both of them died of gunshot wounds to the head, according to the state medical examiner’s office.
The shooting was the first murder case in New Canaan since 1987, according to police.
Owen had worked as director for Bank Street Group LLC in Stamford since 2005.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk