NEW CANAAN, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The New Canaan Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
A quiet Friday afternoon was disturbed in New Canaan with reports of shots fired at a condominium complex on Park Street. Residents were later stunned to hear that two people were found dead at 131 Park St., not far from the New Canaan Post Office.
Police later determined that James Owen, 48, shot Billie D. Falgout-Owen, 52, on the afternoon of Sept. 21 before shooting himself. Both of them died of gunshot wounds to the head, according to the state medical examiner’s office.
The shooting was the first murder case in New Canaan since 1987, according to police.
Owen had worked as director for Bank Street Group LLC in Stamford since 2005.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan