update: DARIEN, Conn. -- The tractor-trailer crash was cleared from I-95 in Darien late Thursday afternoon, but traffic remained backed up well after rush hour should have ended Thursday evening.
Traffic backups continued along I-95 from Westport to Greenwich past 6:45 p.m.
original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- A multi-vehicle accident involving a tractor-trailer is blocking two lanes of southbound I-95 in Darien on Thursday afternoon, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
I-95 southbound is congested for 9 miles between Exit 18 and Exit 9 because of accident, which occurred between Exits 10 and 9 near the Stamford border.
The right and center lanes are closed. The accident was reported at 3:02 p.m. It was not known how long it would take to clear the scene.
Traffic tie-ups were reported from Stamford and Darien back into Norwalk and Westport.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades