update: DARIEN, Conn. -- The tractor-trailer crash was cleared from I-95 in Darien late Thursday afternoon, but traffic remained backed up well after rush hour should have ended Thursday evening.
Traffic backups continued along I-95 from Westport to Greenwich past 6:45 p.m.
original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- A multi-vehicle accident involving a tractor-trailer is blocking two lanes of southbound I-95 in Darien on Thursday afternoon, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
I-95 southbound is congested for 9 miles between Exit 18 and Exit 9 because of accident, which occurred between Exits 10 and 9 near the Stamford border.
The right and center lanes are closed. The accident was reported at 3:02 p.m. It was not known how long it would take to clear the scene.
Traffic tie-ups were reported from Stamford and Darien back into Norwalk and Westport.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To New Canaan
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 New Canaan Restaurant Joins UB Fundraiser To Help Quake Victims In Nepal
- 5 New Canaan's Voices Of September 11th Plans Golf Outing