update: DARIEN, Conn. -- The tractor-trailer crash was cleared from I-95 in Darien late Thursday afternoon, but traffic remained backed up well after rush hour should have ended Thursday evening.
Traffic backups continued along I-95 from Westport to Greenwich past 6:45 p.m.
original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- A multi-vehicle accident involving a tractor-trailer is blocking two lanes of southbound I-95 in Darien on Thursday afternoon, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
I-95 southbound is congested for 9 miles between Exit 18 and Exit 9 because of accident, which occurred between Exits 10 and 9 near the Stamford border.
The right and center lanes are closed. The accident was reported at 3:02 p.m. It was not known how long it would take to clear the scene.
Traffic tie-ups were reported from Stamford and Darien back into Norwalk and Westport.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You