10 a.m. update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- As Wednesday morning rush hour ended, traffic congestion was clearing on Interstate 95 and the Merritt Parkway across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Rain is slowing the morning rush-hour commute on southbound I-95 and the Merritt Parkway across Fairfield County on Wednesday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
By about 7 a.m., traffic congestion was reported for 15.6 miles from Exit 27 in Fairfield to Exit 13 in Norwalk.
Another 3.8 miles of delays were reported on I-95 southbound is congested from Exit 9 in Stamford to Exit 5 in Greenwich.
Backups were also reported southbound on the Merritt Parkway for 18.9 miles from Exit 50 near Fairfield to Exit 37 in New Canaan.
No major incidents or accidents were reported on I-95 or the Merritt.
The heavy rain was expected to continue throughout Wednesday.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money