3:30 p.m. update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Wintry weather could make a return early Wednesday, with a chance that rain could turn to snow in northern parts of Fairfield County, the National Weather Service said.
There is also a freeze warning in effect from 2 to 10 a.m. Wednesday along the Connecticut coast, the National Weather Service said. The freeze warning was in effect for New York City, Long Island and southern Westchester County, N.Y.
Temperatures will drop into the upper 20s to about freezing overnight. Sensitive plants may be damaged or killed by the cold.
Danbury, Ridgefield, Redding, Easton and higher elevations in Wilton and New Canaan could get cold enough for snow to fall sometime after 3 a.m. on Wednesday. The snow is not expected to accumulate.
The rain could be heavy at times overnight, the National Weather Service said.
Coastal towns in Fairfield County will see the wind pick up significantly overnight, with gusts of up to 40 mph.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday
- 5 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm