NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A water main burst on Tuesday in front of Jos. A. Bank on Main Street, causing water to flood the street and causing a traffic nightmare in downtown New Canaan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The break occurred around 1 p.m. and Aquarion officials have been called to the scene, according to the article.
This is the second water main break to occur in the downtown area within a month. The previous break was on Elm Street on Halloween.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Student Lays Wreath For Soldier At Arlington Cemetery