NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A water main burst on Tuesday in front of Jos. A. Bank on Main Street, causing water to flood the street and causing a traffic nightmare in downtown New Canaan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The break occurred around 1 p.m. and Aquarion officials have been called to the scene, according to the article.
This is the second water main break to occur in the downtown area within a month. The previous break was on Elm Street on Halloween.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 3 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash