NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A water main burst on Tuesday in front of Jos. A. Bank on Main Street, causing water to flood the street and causing a traffic nightmare in downtown New Canaan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The break occurred around 1 p.m. and Aquarion officials have been called to the scene, according to the article.
This is the second water main break to occur in the downtown area within a month. The previous break was on Elm Street on Halloween.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades