NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A water main burst on Tuesday in front of Jos. A. Bank on Main Street, causing water to flood the street and causing a traffic nightmare in downtown New Canaan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The break occurred around 1 p.m. and Aquarion officials have been called to the scene, according to the article.
This is the second water main break to occur in the downtown area within a month. The previous break was on Elm Street on Halloween.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You