NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A water main burst on Tuesday in front of Jos. A. Bank on Main Street, causing water to flood the street and causing a traffic nightmare in downtown New Canaan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The break occurred around 1 p.m. and Aquarion officials have been called to the scene, according to the article.
This is the second water main break to occur in the downtown area within a month. The previous break was on Elm Street on Halloween.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks