Updated at 2:25 p.m. WESTON, Conn. – Weston High School was placed on lockdown on Wednesday afternoon after word of an unknown threat was received.
Weston police were searching the building early Wednesday afternoon.
A Weston Public Schools official said Wednesday she did not know what the specific threat was but said the school has been placed on lockdown as a precaution. Parents will be notified of the situation and will be updated.
Weston High students were let out of school at 2 p.m. as part of an evacuation, said Jennifer Markov, secretary to Weston Superintendent Colleen Palmer. Students at Weston Middle School will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m., 15 minutes later than usual, and students at Weston Intermediate and Hurlbutt Elementary schools will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
Palmer told parents in a letter that all after school activities at Weston High are canceled Wednesday.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Frost Advisory Is In Effect For New Canaan