Updated at 2:25 p.m. WESTON, Conn. – Weston High School was placed on lockdown on Wednesday afternoon after word of an unknown threat was received.
Weston police were searching the building early Wednesday afternoon.
A Weston Public Schools official said Wednesday she did not know what the specific threat was but said the school has been placed on lockdown as a precaution. Parents will be notified of the situation and will be updated.
Weston High students were let out of school at 2 p.m. as part of an evacuation, said Jennifer Markov, secretary to Weston Superintendent Colleen Palmer. Students at Weston Middle School will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m., 15 minutes later than usual, and students at Weston Intermediate and Hurlbutt Elementary schools will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
Palmer told parents in a letter that all after school activities at Weston High are canceled Wednesday.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Warmer Temps Bring Threat Of Storms For New Canaan