Updated at 2:25 p.m. WESTON, Conn. – Weston High School was placed on lockdown on Wednesday afternoon after word of an unknown threat was received.
Weston police were searching the building early Wednesday afternoon.
A Weston Public Schools official said Wednesday she did not know what the specific threat was but said the school has been placed on lockdown as a precaution. Parents will be notified of the situation and will be updated.
Weston High students were let out of school at 2 p.m. as part of an evacuation, said Jennifer Markov, secretary to Weston Superintendent Colleen Palmer. Students at Weston Middle School will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m., 15 minutes later than usual, and students at Weston Intermediate and Hurlbutt Elementary schools will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m.
Palmer told parents in a letter that all after school activities at Weston High are canceled Wednesday.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years