NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open and closed on Columbus Day in New Canaan.
- The New Canaan Public Library will be closed.
- All New Canaan Town Hall and Board of Education offices will be closed.
- Post Office branches will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North will run on a regular weekday schedule.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 New Police Officer, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 New Cannan Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday