NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open and closed on Columbus Day in New Canaan.
- The New Canaan Public Library will be closed.
- All New Canaan Town Hall and Board of Education offices will be closed.
- Post Office branches will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North will run on a regular weekday schedule.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48