NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Newly unionized workers accused the Town of New Canaan of wrongful termination following a punitive action.
- The town of New Canaan is seeking a $5.8 million spending increase in the proposed 2014-15 budget.
- Main Street Drivers Inc. provides a new car service in Fairfield County for residents to get themselves, and their cars, home safely after a night of drinking.
- New Canaan restaurants will participate in the annual Wesptort Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Michael Savage of New Canaan was arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on charges of misconduct with a motor vehicle in a car crash that killed his father in 2011.
- 74-Year-Old Norwalk resident Lee Krost was named one of the winners of a contest sponsored by the NFL to win a free trip to the Super Bowl.
The New York Daily News obtained an audiotape of a radio interview revealing Adam Lanza discussed shootings on a radio show a year before Sandy Hook.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts