NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Alfred "Al" Tonkin Kneen Jr., a New Canaan resident for more than 23 years, died Oct. 21 at his home. He was 71.
Born Dec. 21, 1940, in Yonkers, N.Y., he was the son of Alfred and Wilhelmina Bollenbach Kneen. He attended Columbia University, where he was a member of the varsity rugby team. He was also a member of the Old Blue Rugby Football Club, an avid golfer and a longtime member of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Kneen is survived by his wife, Sally Mohn Kneen; and a son, George Davis Parker Kneen, of New Canaan.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Dec. 1 at the First Presbyterian Church of New Canaan. Burial will be private. Hoyt Funeral Home in New Canaan is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Coast 2 Coast Dachshund Rescue, P.O. Box 147, Jacobus, PA 17407, or Intergroup Association of Fairfield County AA, P.O. Box 1605, Darien, CT 06820.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year