NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Anita Grasso of New Canaan died Friday, Feb. 14. She was 81.
Grasso was born July 21, 1932, in Lucera, Foggia, Italy, to Giuseppe and Maria Altieri DeVivo. She received her education in Italy and worked for many years as a seamstress.
Grasso is survived by her husband, Anthony P. Grasso Sr.; sons, Anthony P. Grasso Jr and Joseph M. Grasso Sr., both of New Canaan; daughter, Elizabeth A. Buzzeo (Ralph) of New Canaan; brothers, Mario DeVivo, of Newtown, Armando DeVivo of Italy and Leonardo Devivo of Norwalk; sisters, Elvira Marotta of New Canaan, Lucille Pellegrino of New Jersey and Enza Ruggieri of Norwalk; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Antonio Devivo; sisters-in-law, Grace Grasso and Connie DeLong; and brother-in-law, John Pagliano.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at St. Aloysius Church, New Canaan. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Grasso's memory may be made to St. Aloysius Church, 21 Cherry St, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI