NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Anne Carroll White of New Canaan died Aug. 25. She was 86.
White was born July 18, 1928, in New York City, to Dr. Frank J. and Mary Barry Carroll. She graduated from Mount St Vincent College in N.Y., in 1948. She ran the theatre group for the suburbanites group of New Canaan. She volunteered for many years for both Meals-on-wheels and the village at Waveny Care Center in New Canaan.
White is survived by her daughters, Susan Tedesco (John) of New Canaan, Nancy Fox (Joseph) of New Jersey, and Maryclare Marteau (Laurent) of Barcelona, Spain; sons, William J. White, Jr. (Janet) of New Jersey and John White (Katherine) of Winston Salem, N.C.; 16 grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, William White.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Aug. 28 at St. Aloysius Church, New Canaan. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades