NAUGATUCK VALLEY, Conn. - Charles S. Bryk of Naugatuck Valley, a former longtime New Canaan resident, died Sunday, Aug. 17. He was 88.
Bryk was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Charles and Lily Bryk. He earned his BS from Champlain College, BA from Tufts University, and MBA from New York University. He and his wife relocated to the Naugatuck Valley in 2011 after 35 years in New Canaan. While in New Canaan, he served on the Republican Town Committee for several years, and was a member of the Senior Men's Club, the Gridiron Club, and served as chairman of the Music Committee of the New Canaan Congregational Church for several years. He also served as president of the Fairfield Computer Users Group for 10 years. He retired as international advertising manager for Texasgulf, Inc., after stints at Marstellar, Union Carbide and Inco. He was also a board member of the Association of Canadian Advertisers.
Bryk is survived by his wife, Joan; and brother, Donald.
A Memorial Service will be at 2 p.m. held Friday, Aug. 22, at the New Canaan Congregational Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions to the New Canaan Congregational Church Music Fund would be appreciated.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M