NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Doris M. Sokosh of New Canaan died Monday, Jan. 27. She was 82.
Sokosh was born April 7, 1931, to Paul and Margaret Lengyel (Blackman), and grew up in Norwalk. She was involved with the Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy.
Sokosh is survived by her sister, Norma Jean (Fred) Forcellina; nieces and nephews; great-nephews and great nieces; and sister-in-law, Betty Benger of Vermont. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Sokosh.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 126 Newtown Ave., Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to F.A.C.T., Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy in New York City or online at www.rethinkingcancer.org
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy