NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Doris M. Sokosh of New Canaan died Monday, Jan. 27. She was 82.
Sokosh was born April 7, 1931, to Paul and Margaret Lengyel (Blackman), and grew up in Norwalk. She was involved with the Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy.
Sokosh is survived by her sister, Norma Jean (Fred) Forcellina; nieces and nephews; great-nephews and great nieces; and sister-in-law, Betty Benger of Vermont. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Sokosh.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 126 Newtown Ave., Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to F.A.C.T., Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy in New York City or online at www.rethinkingcancer.org
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years