NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Doris M. Sokosh of New Canaan died Monday, Jan. 27. She was 82.
Sokosh was born April 7, 1931, to Paul and Margaret Lengyel (Blackman), and grew up in Norwalk. She was involved with the Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy.
Sokosh is survived by her sister, Norma Jean (Fred) Forcellina; nieces and nephews; great-nephews and great nieces; and sister-in-law, Betty Benger of Vermont. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Sokosh.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 126 Newtown Ave., Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to F.A.C.T., Foundation for Advancement in Cancer Therapy in New York City or online at www.rethinkingcancer.org
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service