ROCKVILLE, Md. - Dorothy Kretzer, a former New Canaan resident, died Wednesday, June 26. She was 81.
Kretzer was raised in Maywood, N.J., graduating from Bogota High School and Hood College in Frederick, Md., where she majored in French. Prior to her marriage, she taught French at Mt. Holly and Ramsey High Schools in New Jersey.
After marriage she and her family moved to New Canaan in 1968, where they lived for 14 years. She was a volunteer in the community, taught French part time at New Canaan High School, and was involved with the music program at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Stamford. After New Canaan, she and her husband lived in Potomac, Md., and Williamsburg, Va.
Kretzer is survived by her twin daughters, Caren Brinker of Johns Creek, Ga., and Gail Plamondon of Darnestown, Md., their respective spouses and seven grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Gilbert L. Kretzer.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, July 19, at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Gaithersburg, Md.
Memorial contributions may be made to the National Parkinson Foundation.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight