REDDING, Conn. - Dorothy M. Gough of Redding died Saturday, May 4. She was 89.
Gough was born May 11, 1924, in New York City, daughter of May and William Korsek. She grew up in Flushing, N.Y., graduated from Queens College. She was a buyer for Bloomingdales department store in New York City. The Goughs raised their children on Long Island prior to moving to Connecticut in 1977. After living in New Canaan for 34 years, she moved to Redding in 2011.
While in New Canaan, she was active in the New Canaan Sewing Group, the New Canaan Women’s Club, the Newcomers Club, and in managing a local thrift shop. She was a member of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in New Canaan.
Gough is survived by her daughters, Janet Bedol of Norwalk, Nancy Carlin of Newtown and Susan Delage of Sherman; sons, William Gough of South Salem, N.Y. and Russell Gough of Ridgefield; 10 grandchildren; and a great grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband, J. Russell Gough.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 7 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, May 8 at 10 a.m. at St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow