REDDING, Conn. - Dorothy M. Gough of Redding died Saturday, May 4. She was 89.
Gough was born May 11, 1924, in New York City, daughter of May and William Korsek. She grew up in Flushing, N.Y., graduated from Queens College. She was a buyer for Bloomingdales department store in New York City. The Goughs raised their children on Long Island prior to moving to Connecticut in 1977. After living in New Canaan for 34 years, she moved to Redding in 2011.
While in New Canaan, she was active in the New Canaan Sewing Group, the New Canaan Women’s Club, the Newcomers Club, and in managing a local thrift shop. She was a member of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in New Canaan.
Gough is survived by her daughters, Janet Bedol of Norwalk, Nancy Carlin of Newtown and Susan Delage of Sherman; sons, William Gough of South Salem, N.Y. and Russell Gough of Ridgefield; 10 grandchildren; and a great grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband, J. Russell Gough.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 7 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, May 8 at 10 a.m. at St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Letter: Teacher Bullying Is Unacceptable
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan