REDDING, Conn. - Dorothy M. Gough of Redding died Saturday, May 4. She was 89.
Gough was born May 11, 1924, in New York City, daughter of May and William Korsek. She grew up in Flushing, N.Y., graduated from Queens College. She was a buyer for Bloomingdales department store in New York City. The Goughs raised their children on Long Island prior to moving to Connecticut in 1977. After living in New Canaan for 34 years, she moved to Redding in 2011.
While in New Canaan, she was active in the New Canaan Sewing Group, the New Canaan Women’s Club, the Newcomers Club, and in managing a local thrift shop. She was a member of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in New Canaan.
Gough is survived by her daughters, Janet Bedol of Norwalk, Nancy Carlin of Newtown and Susan Delage of Sherman; sons, William Gough of South Salem, N.Y. and Russell Gough of Ridgefield; 10 grandchildren; and a great grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband, J. Russell Gough.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 7 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, May 8 at 10 a.m. at St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent
- 5 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity