NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Dorothy S. Lear of New Canaan died Tuesday, May 20. She was 95.
Lear was born Nov. 22, 1918, in Fort Collins, Colo., to Thane and May Schureman. She attended the University of Colorado. After marriage she moved with her husband to Sewickley, Pa., then moved to New Canaan in 1955. A business opportunity caused them to move to Niagara Falls in 1960 but in 1964 they returned to New Canaan as permanent residents. She was a substitute teacher early in her career at the Sewickley Academy
Lear is survived by her sons, William and Andrew, of Chicago, Ill., and Houston, Texas, and their wives, Sharon and Candyce; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Robert W. Lear.
Services will be held Saturday, May 24 at 10 a.m. in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church with a reception to follow.
Contributions in Lear’s memory may be made to St. Mark’s Church or to the New Canaan Inn.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Population Grows In New Canaan, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Officials Hail New Gates At Notorious Rail Crossing On New Canaan Branch