NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Dorothy S. Lear of New Canaan died Tuesday, May 20. She was 95.
Lear was born Nov. 22, 1918, in Fort Collins, Colo., to Thane and May Schureman. She attended the University of Colorado. After marriage she moved with her husband to Sewickley, Pa., then moved to New Canaan in 1955. A business opportunity caused them to move to Niagara Falls in 1960 but in 1964 they returned to New Canaan as permanent residents. She was a substitute teacher early in her career at the Sewickley Academy
Lear is survived by her sons, William and Andrew, of Chicago, Ill., and Houston, Texas, and their wives, Sharon and Candyce; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Robert W. Lear.
Services will be held Saturday, May 24 at 10 a.m. in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church with a reception to follow.
Contributions in Lear’s memory may be made to St. Mark’s Church or to the New Canaan Inn.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan