NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Dorothy S. Lear of New Canaan died Tuesday, May 20. She was 95.
Lear was born Nov. 22, 1918, in Fort Collins, Colo., to Thane and May Schureman. She attended the University of Colorado. After marriage she moved with her husband to Sewickley, Pa., then moved to New Canaan in 1955. A business opportunity caused them to move to Niagara Falls in 1960 but in 1964 they returned to New Canaan as permanent residents. She was a substitute teacher early in her career at the Sewickley Academy
Lear is survived by her sons, William and Andrew, of Chicago, Ill., and Houston, Texas, and their wives, Sharon and Candyce; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Robert W. Lear.
Services will be held Saturday, May 24 at 10 a.m. in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church with a reception to follow.
Contributions in Lear’s memory may be made to St. Mark’s Church or to the New Canaan Inn.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape