NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Eleanor (Susan) Koppen Booth of New Canaan died Monday, Jan. 20. She was 87.
Booth was born Feb. 4, 1926, in Stamford, daughter of George and Susan Koppen. She was a graduate of Stamford High School, Class of 1943. She worked at the Stamford Board of Education in the 1940s.
After her marriage she moved to New Canaan. She volunteered for many years at Person-to-Person and the Waveny Care Center and then for the New Canaan/Darien AARP later in life.
Booth is survived by her husband, Frank; and sons, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Kenneth (Amy) of Fort Worth, Texas, and Richard (Cynthia) of New Canaan. She was predeceased by her parents.
A memorial service will be held later in the year.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Person-to-Person or Masonic Charities Foundation.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com.
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service