NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Eleanor (Susan) Koppen Booth of New Canaan died Monday, Jan. 20. She was 87.
Booth was born Feb. 4, 1926, in Stamford, daughter of George and Susan Koppen. She was a graduate of Stamford High School, Class of 1943. She worked at the Stamford Board of Education in the 1940s.
After her marriage she moved to New Canaan. She volunteered for many years at Person-to-Person and the Waveny Care Center and then for the New Canaan/Darien AARP later in life.
Booth is survived by her husband, Frank; and sons, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Kenneth (Amy) of Fort Worth, Texas, and Richard (Cynthia) of New Canaan. She was predeceased by her parents.
A memorial service will be held later in the year.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Person-to-Person or Masonic Charities Foundation.
For more information, please visit: www.hoytfuneralhome.com.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions