NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Elizabeth Anne Ward, a New Canaan resident for more than 28 years, died Dec. 26 at her home, with family by her side. She was 81.
Born July 15, 1931, in Cornwall, Ontario, she was the daughter of Alcide and Marguerite Pariesien Gareau. She received a bachelor’s degree from Queens University in Kingston, Ontario in 1951. She married R. Vance Ward on Aug. 15, 1953.
Ward and her husband moved to New Canaan in 1984. Since then, she volunteered at the New Canaan Library and Silver Hill Hospital. She was also an active member of the American Association of University Women and the Daughters of the British Empire.
She is survived by her husband; five children, Carolyn Ward, Jennifer Beaulieu, Philip Ward, Katherine Ward and Karen Ashmele; a brother, Paul Gareau; and 13 grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m., Saturday at St. Thomas More Church in Darien. Burial will be private. Hoyt Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County, P.O. Box 489, Wilton, CT 06897, or the Whittingham Cancer Center, 34 Maple St., Norwalk, CT 06856.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash