NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Gino Buzzeo of New Canaan died July 9. He was 72.
Buzzeo was born Oct. 18, 1941, in Settefrati, Italy, to Michele Buzzeo and Assunta Socci Buzzeo. He came from Italy in 1958 and began working with his mentor Roger Socci. In 1976, he started the family business, Silvermine Landscape Corp., and in 1983, the Mine Hill Quarry in Roxbury.
Buzzeo is survived by his wife, Loretta Pompa Buzzeo; daughters, Maria Buzzeo (Robert) Gardella of Ridgewood, N.J., Diana (Ken) Liptak of Trumbull and Gina (Rob) Gorman of South Salem, N.Y.; six grandchildren; mother, Assunta; brothers, Dominic of Lewiston, N.Y., Mario of Lockport, N.Y., Jesse of Brookfield and John of New Canaan; sisters, Antoinette Lanni and Maria Bianco, both of New Canaan; sisters-in-law, Angela Socci of Trumbull, Maria Buzzeo of Clinton and Vincenza Pompa of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Michele; and daughter, Catherine Ann.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 14, at St. Aloysius Church of New Canaan. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery.
For more information, visit www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts