NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Gino Buzzeo of New Canaan died July 9. He was 72.
Buzzeo was born Oct. 18, 1941, in Settefrati, Italy, to Michele Buzzeo and Assunta Socci Buzzeo. He came from Italy in 1958 and began working with his mentor Roger Socci. In 1976, he started the family business, Silvermine Landscape Corp., and in 1983, the Mine Hill Quarry in Roxbury.
Buzzeo is survived by his wife, Loretta Pompa Buzzeo; daughters, Maria Buzzeo (Robert) Gardella of Ridgewood, N.J., Diana (Ken) Liptak of Trumbull and Gina (Rob) Gorman of South Salem, N.Y.; six grandchildren; mother, Assunta; brothers, Dominic of Lewiston, N.Y., Mario of Lockport, N.Y., Jesse of Brookfield and John of New Canaan; sisters, Antoinette Lanni and Maria Bianco, both of New Canaan; sisters-in-law, Angela Socci of Trumbull, Maria Buzzeo of Clinton and Vincenza Pompa of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Michele; and daughter, Catherine Ann.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 14, at St. Aloysius Church of New Canaan. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery.
For more information, visit www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Warmer Temps Bring Threat Of Storms For New Canaan