NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Gino Buzzeo of New Canaan died July 9. He was 72.
Buzzeo was born Oct. 18, 1941, in Settefrati, Italy, to Michele Buzzeo and Assunta Socci Buzzeo. He came from Italy in 1958 and began working with his mentor Roger Socci. In 1976, he started the family business, Silvermine Landscape Corp., and in 1983, the Mine Hill Quarry in Roxbury.
Buzzeo is survived by his wife, Loretta Pompa Buzzeo; daughters, Maria Buzzeo (Robert) Gardella of Ridgewood, N.J., Diana (Ken) Liptak of Trumbull and Gina (Rob) Gorman of South Salem, N.Y.; six grandchildren; mother, Assunta; brothers, Dominic of Lewiston, N.Y., Mario of Lockport, N.Y., Jesse of Brookfield and John of New Canaan; sisters, Antoinette Lanni and Maria Bianco, both of New Canaan; sisters-in-law, Angela Socci of Trumbull, Maria Buzzeo of Clinton and Vincenza Pompa of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Michele; and daughter, Catherine Ann.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 14, at St. Aloysius Church of New Canaan. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery.
For more information, visit www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'