NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Gita Treimanis of New Canaan died April 3. She was 92.
Treimanis was born July 16, 1921, in Maliena, Latvia. to Augusts and Minna Viksne Lapins. She
was studying drama in Riga, Latvia when World War II started. Her family had to flee the country. Later in life she became an artist and held numerous art exhibitions in both Soho and Chelsea area in New York City. When she retired in New Canaan, she was a regular member at Silvermine Art Studios and continued her art. Her paintings are currently exhibited at the BWAC gallery art show in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Treimanis is survived by her daughters, Mara Treimanis, Zane Treimanis, Christine Treimanis, Anne Treimanis; son, Gijs Treimanis; 15 grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
The family will hold a private Memorial Service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Treimanis’ memory may be made to Meals on Wheels of New Canaan, P.O. BOX 231 New Canaan, CT 06840 http://www.mowofnc.org or Getabout, 61 Main St., New Canaan, CT 06840.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks