NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Grace M. Bonarrigo of New Canaan and Tucson, Ariz., died Tuesday, Sept. 2. She was 90.
Bonarrigo was born June 5, 1924, in Clearfield, Pa., to Frank and Catherine Colose Calapa.
While living in New York for 31 years with her husband, she was a member of the Columbiettes, an organization of Catholic women, doing philanthropic work in the community. After retiring to Tucson in 1976, she was a member of the Italian American Club of Tucson. She returned to the East Coast and moved to New Canaan in 2005 to be close to her family. She was a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
Bonarrigo is survived by her son, Domenick (Christine) of New Canaan; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Domenick Bonarrigo.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 5, at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be in Tucson.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Meals on Wheels of New Canaan, PO Box 231, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend