NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Grace M. Bonarrigo of New Canaan and Tucson, Ariz., died Tuesday, Sept. 2. She was 90.
Bonarrigo was born June 5, 1924, in Clearfield, Pa., to Frank and Catherine Colose Calapa.
While living in New York for 31 years with her husband, she was a member of the Columbiettes, an organization of Catholic women, doing philanthropic work in the community. After retiring to Tucson in 1976, she was a member of the Italian American Club of Tucson. She returned to the East Coast and moved to New Canaan in 2005 to be close to her family. She was a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
Bonarrigo is survived by her son, Domenick (Christine) of New Canaan; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Domenick Bonarrigo.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 5, at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be in Tucson.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Meals on Wheels of New Canaan, PO Box 231, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Letter: Teacher Bullying Is Unacceptable