NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Grace M. Bonarrigo of New Canaan and Tucson, Ariz., died Tuesday, Sept. 2. She was 90.
Bonarrigo was born June 5, 1924, in Clearfield, Pa., to Frank and Catherine Colose Calapa.
While living in New York for 31 years with her husband, she was a member of the Columbiettes, an organization of Catholic women, doing philanthropic work in the community. After retiring to Tucson in 1976, she was a member of the Italian American Club of Tucson. She returned to the East Coast and moved to New Canaan in 2005 to be close to her family. She was a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church in New Canaan.
Bonarrigo is survived by her son, Domenick (Christine) of New Canaan; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Domenick Bonarrigo.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 5, at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be in Tucson.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Meals on Wheels of New Canaan, PO Box 231, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'