NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Jean Marion St. Clair of New Canaan died Monday, June 9. She was 92.
St. Clair was born Feb. 3, 1922, in Brooklyn, and was the daughter of Henry and Ida Dauernheim. She graduated from Packard Business School and worked as an assistant buyer for JC Penney in New York City. She taught Sunday School and served as deacon and elder for the New Canaan Presbyterian Church; served on the Allocation Committee and the Board of Directors for the United Way, both in Houston and New Canaan; chaired guest relations at Norwalk Hospital; donated her time to the New Canaan Library; and ran a Macular Degeneration Support group at Lapham Community Center. She was a member of PEO, the New Canaan Woman’s Club, Meals on Wheels, Waveny Care Center, Woodway Country Club, and the New Canaan Congregational Church.
St. Clair is survived by her husband, Jack St. Clair; children, Nancy St. Clair of New Canaan, Barbara St. Clair of Dallas and Glenn St. Clair of Fredericksburg, Texas; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson. She was predeceased by her parents.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 12 at the Congregational Church of New Canaan.
Contributions in memory of St. Clair may be made to the Congregational Church of New Canaan, Waveny Care Family of Services or the charity of your choice.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hoytfuneralhome.com
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield