NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Kathryn Luff of New Canaan died April 7. She was 75.
Luff was born Aug. 26, 1938, in Oak Park, Ill. She was the daughter of Paul and Bernice Kelly Desmond. She graduated from Florida State University, where she received a bachelor's degree in business and fashion design. She worked with Bell Telephone in Chicago. She was a Dame of Malta and was active in many Catholic charities, including Malta House, St. Catherine Academy, teaching CCD, Birth Rite and the Lourdes pilgrimages.
She was a parishioner at St. Aloysius in New Canaan for 33 years and most recently of St. Mary's Church in Norwalk for nine years. She was a member of the New Canaan Garden Club for 10 years.
Luff is survived by her children, Jerry Luff of Petaluma, Calif., Kelly Weldon of Wilton, Jeffrey Luff of Oxford, Jennifer Mitchell of Ridgefield, and Bradley Luff of Montvale, N.J.; 12 grandchildren; and siblings, Joanne and Paul. She was predeceased by her husband, Gerald "Jerry" M. Luff Jr.; and daughter, Valerie Ann Luff.
No service details available.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 NBC News Chief Wants New Canaan's Brian Williams Back On The Air
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI