WILTON, Conn. – Letitia Jeanette Corr, a longtime resident of Wilton, died Jan. 20. She was 95.
Corr was born Sept. 17, 1917, in Wilton to Charles and Amelia Geyer Roche. She graduated from New Canaan High School and New Britain State Teachers College. She taught in the Wilton school system for 25 years.
An accomplished athlete, Corr was the second woman inducted into the New Canaan High School Sports Hall of Fame. She remained an avid fan of Wilton sports teams for many years.
She bowled competitively well into her 80s. She most enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Corr is survived by two sons, C. Alan (Deborah) Corr, of Sacramento, Calif., and Daniel M. (Pamela) Corr, of Boynton Beach, Fla.; a daughter, Letitia (Jay) Kenefic, of Bethel; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband and a son, Lt. John G. Corr.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Lakeview Cemetery in New Canaan. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Hoyt Funeral Home in New Canaan.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Lt. John G. Corr Memorial Award Fund, P.O. Box 76, Wilton, CT 06897.
- 1 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods