NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Manuel R. Bento, a resident of New Canaan for over 29 years, died Saturday March 22. He was 70.
Bento was born Sept. 20, 1943, in Alcobaca, Portugal, he was the son of Francisco and Maria Ribeiro Bento. He served as a green beret in the Portuguese Army. He was the founder of Manuel Bento Lawn Service working in Darien, New Canaan and Stamford.
Bento is survived by his wife, Myrna Nieves Bento; daughters, Janet Walker (Sean) of Concord, Mass., Jennifer Greatsinger (Toben) of Framingham , Mass.; brothers, Alcides Bento of Portugal, and Carlos Bento of Fairfield; sister, Idalina Karker of Fla.; and four grandchildren, Chloe, Alexander, Gabriella, and Anastasia. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 27 from 10 a.m. until the time of service at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Funeral Service will be held at 12 p.m. Thursday, March 27 at the funeral home. Interment will follow in Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Silvermine Art Center, 1037 Silvermine Road, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'