BOLTON, Mass. - Myrtle M. Wood of Bolton, formerly of New Canaan and Ridgefield, Conn., died Thursday May 22. She was 102.
Wood was born May 15, 1912, in Glenbrook, Conn., the daughter of Percy O. and Ida Greer Morrell. She was a former member of Jesse Lee Memorial Church in Ridgefield, and the women’s society. She served as president for many years of the Ridgefield branch of the International Sunshine Society. She was a charter member of the OWLS and of AARP Chapter 4852. She was also a past Noble Grand of Mary Rebekah Lodge 51.
Wood is survived by her daughter, Sallyann King (Bruce) of Bolton; son, David Greer Wood (Carolyn) of Holland, Ohio; and six grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, Samuel Albert Wood; and brother, Clifford.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 28, from noon until the service at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A service will be held Wednesday, May 28, at 2 p.m. in the funeral home with interment to follow in Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight