NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Nancy S. Brown, a lifelong New Canaan resident, died Tuesday, Feb. 19. She was 81.
Brown was born in New Canaan in March 1931, the daughter of Frank and Pierina Stenta Spadaccini. She attended New Canaan schools and graduated from New Canaan High School in 1949.
She was employed with various banks in New Canaan, the last being the Bank of New Canaan.
Brown was a lifetime member of St. Aloysius Church.
She is survived by her son, Wendell P. Brown III of New Canaan; her sisters, Angela Conetta Christiano and Loretta Conetta Serafino both of Stamford; sisters-in-law Lily Conetta of Stamford, Eleanor Spadaccini of Rhode Island and Sandra Brown Fasano of Pennsylavania; brothers, Joseph Spadaccini and Mario and Anthony Conetta; brother-in-law Kenneth Brown; as well as by nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Wendell.
Calling hours will be 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian burial will follow at 11 a.m. at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry Street, New Canaan. Internment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Waveny Care Center, 3 Farm Road, New Canaan, CT 06840
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'