NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Patricia Cutler Young of New Canaan died Saturday, April 12. She was 80.
Young was born Nov. 21, 1933, in New York City, she was the daughter of Gerald and Isabel Cutler. She grew up in New Canaan. She attended the New Canaan Country School, The White Mountain School in New Hampshire and graduated from Vassar in 1953 with a degree in American Studies and Art History. After marriage she lived in Marietta Ohio and returned to New Canaan in 1959. She worked for the New Canaan Country School as audio visual director for several years and later served on the board of trustees. She was a volunteer at the Norwalk Hospital artwork program.
Young is survived by her son, William C. Young (Penny) of Glastonbury; daughter, Anne Walker (Ronald); and a grandson. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Leslie T. Young.
A Memorial Service will be held at 11 a.m. May 8 at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan, the family will receive guests one hour prior to service. There will be a reception immediately following the service at the New Canaan Country Club.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Nature Conservancy Attn: Treasury (web/give a gift membership) 4245 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 100 Arlington, VA 22203, USA or Connecticut Humane Society.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions