NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Patricia Cutler Young of New Canaan died Saturday, April 12. She was 80.
Young was born Nov. 21, 1933, in New York City, she was the daughter of Gerald and Isabel Cutler. She grew up in New Canaan. She attended the New Canaan Country School, The White Mountain School in New Hampshire and graduated from Vassar in 1953 with a degree in American Studies and Art History. After marriage she lived in Marietta Ohio and returned to New Canaan in 1959. She worked for the New Canaan Country School as audio visual director for several years and later served on the board of trustees. She was a volunteer at the Norwalk Hospital artwork program.
Young is survived by her son, William C. Young (Penny) of Glastonbury; daughter, Anne Walker (Ronald); and a grandson. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Leslie T. Young.
A Memorial Service will be held at 11 a.m. May 8 at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan, the family will receive guests one hour prior to service. There will be a reception immediately following the service at the New Canaan Country Club.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Nature Conservancy Attn: Treasury (web/give a gift membership) 4245 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 100 Arlington, VA 22203, USA or Connecticut Humane Society.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts