NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Patricia Cutler Young of New Canaan died Saturday, April 12. She was 80.
Young was born Nov. 21, 1933, in New York City, she was the daughter of Gerald and Isabel Cutler. She grew up in New Canaan. She attended the New Canaan Country School, The White Mountain School in New Hampshire and graduated from Vassar in 1953 with a degree in American Studies and Art History. After marriage she lived in Marietta Ohio and returned to New Canaan in 1959. She worked for the New Canaan Country School as audio visual director for several years and later served on the board of trustees. She was a volunteer at the Norwalk Hospital artwork program.
Young is survived by her son, William C. Young (Penny) of Glastonbury; daughter, Anne Walker (Ronald); and a grandson. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Leslie T. Young.
A Memorial Service will be held at 11 a.m. May 8 at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan, the family will receive guests one hour prior to service. There will be a reception immediately following the service at the New Canaan Country Club.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Nature Conservancy Attn: Treasury (web/give a gift membership) 4245 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 100 Arlington, VA 22203, USA or Connecticut Humane Society.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan