MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Pete (Panagiotis) Dimitri Kapakos, a resident of Mooresville, and formerly of New Canaan, died Saturday, June 21. He was 93.
Kapakos was born Aug. 13, 1920, in Sparta, Greece, to Dimitri Kapakos and Aggeliki Kournoutou. He immigrated to the United States when he was in his mid-20s. He was the proprietor of New Canaan Pizza from 1974 to 1981.
Kapakos is survived by his children, James Kapakos (Christine) of Charlotte and Joanne Teis (Theodore) of Mooresville; five grandchildren; sister, Stavroula Mihaelides of Greece; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wives, Constantina, Aphrodite and Ifigenia Kapakos; and siblings, Eleni Aposporos, George, Chris and Ourania Kapakos.
Calling hours are Friday, June 27, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Church of the Archangels, 1527 Bedford St., Stamford, with a funeral service following at 11 a.m. The Rev. Dr. Harry Pappas will officiate. Interment will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Avenue, Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice of Iredell County or the building fund of St. Luke's Greek Orthodox Church in Mooresville.
For more information, visit www.cognetta.com
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan