NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Rita Schloth of New Canaan died Jan. 26. She was 73.
Schloth was born Feb. 27, 1940, in New York; daughter of David and Dorothy Reilly. She attended St. Barnabas Grade and High School in the Bronx, N.Y., and Marymount College in Arlington, Va. She spent many hours volunteering at St. Augustine School and Nyack Hospital.
Schloth is survived by her husband, William P. Schloth of New Canaan; children, Dorothy Barat (Scott) of Vienna, Va., William E. Schloth (Mary Ellen) of Fairfield and Lynn Turiano (Gary) of New Canaan and Katy, Texas; eight grandchildren; and brother, David Reilly of New City, N.Y. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 31 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 1 at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Schloth’s name to Waveny Care Center, Three Farm Road, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years