NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Rita Schloth of New Canaan died Jan. 26. She was 73.
Schloth was born Feb. 27, 1940, in New York; daughter of David and Dorothy Reilly. She attended St. Barnabas Grade and High School in the Bronx, N.Y., and Marymount College in Arlington, Va. She spent many hours volunteering at St. Augustine School and Nyack Hospital.
Schloth is survived by her husband, William P. Schloth of New Canaan; children, Dorothy Barat (Scott) of Vienna, Va., William E. Schloth (Mary Ellen) of Fairfield and Lynn Turiano (Gary) of New Canaan and Katy, Texas; eight grandchildren; and brother, David Reilly of New City, N.Y. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 31 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 1 at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Schloth’s name to Waveny Care Center, Three Farm Road, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M