NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Theodora Andrews Eberstadt of New Canaan died Nov. 23 at her home. She was 91.
A resident of New Canaan since 1957, Eberstadt served on the boards of the YMCA, Visiting Nurses of New Canaan, Stamford-Norwalk Junior League, Pegasus, New Canaan Sewing Group and New Canaan Country Club.
She was born Jan. 30, 1921, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Edward Preston Andrews and Theodora Jenkins Andrews. Eberstadt volunteered at Meals on Wheels of New Canaan, Waveny Care Center and the New Canaan Cub Scouts and the Girl Scouts. She enjoyed needlework, bridge, golf and spending time with her family.
She is survived by her husband, Rudolph Eberstadt Jr.; a daughter, Page Snow, of Fairfield; a son, Rudolph Eberstadt III, of Norwalk; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Otis Webb Davey III; and a grandson, Rudolph Eberstadt IV.
There will be a memorial service at a future date. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, 230 E. Ohio St., Suite 304, Chicago, IL 60611.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years