NAPLES, Fla. - Virginia D. Cleaver of Naples, formerly of New Canaan and Darien, Conn., died April 19. She was 77.
Cleaver was born Jan. 23, 1937, in Forty Fort, Pa. She was a longtime resident of New Canaan and Darien, Conn., and most recently Naples. She graduated from Rosemont College in 1958 and remained an active alumnus. She was a longtime member of St. Thomas More Church in Darien, Conn., and St. Williams Parish in Naples.
Cleaver is survived by her husband, James P. Cleaver; daughters, Judith (Richard) Catanese of Trumbull, Conn., Susan (Matthew) Valenti of New Canaan, Conn., and Ellen (Paul) Bargstedt of Amsterdam, N.Y.; son, James (Kelly) Cleaver of Glenwood Springs, Colo.; nine grandchildren; family; and friends.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, April 24, 2014 from 5-7 p.m. at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien, CT.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 25 at St. Thomas More Church, 374 Middlesex Road, Darien, Conn. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, in Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, 238 Jewett Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06606, (203) 416-1316 or at http://www.ccfairfield.org
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo