WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the Editor,
I am deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to be the 2012 Democratic State Senate candidate for the 26th District.
For this, I want to thank the seven Democratic Town Chairs of Bethel, New Canaan, Redding, Ridgefield, Weston, Westport, and Wilton. Their solid support began my initial steps to a fulfilling experience.
The DTC members themselves inspired me with their encouragement and their efforts throughout this campaign cycle on behalf of all the Democratic candidates.
A special note of thanks goes to those who contributed to my campaign to help me qualify for campaign public financing. This financing served a vital role and without it, I could not have engaged in this effort.
Most of all, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to share my thoughts in discussion and conversation with smart, savvy voters throughout the District. (And isn’t this what campaigns are all about?)
Our agreements and disagreements about issues, our shared concerns and our respect for the voting process itself serve as the cornerstone of the democracy we all love in this country.
To the seven Democratic Town Committees, friends, supporters, and to the voters of the 26th Senate District, please accept my heartfelt thanks.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 NBC News Chief Wants New Canaan's Brian Williams Back On The Air
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI