WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
I would like to extend my heartfelt thank you to the voters, to the many volunteers and my family for their support. Their vote of confidence is gratifying. I never forget that you are providing me with a rare opportunity to represent their interests in Hartford.
The people’s position on important policies of the state must always be heard and it is a sacred trust that I take very seriously. It has also had the added benefit of the personal friendships developed that carry me through the more difficult moments (like year-after-year power outages). Because of you, I consider myself an extraordinarily lucky human being.
Connecticut was once the envy of all for its top schools, innovative commercial enterprises and products, low taxes and no state income tax that attracted jobs and people from around the country. Too of many of our friends and neighbors are now forced to make the difficult decision to leave.
The next session will be a difficult one. Many tough decisions will need to be made to revitalize our state’s economy. We did it before and I am confident that if bipartisan efforts are embraced, we can do it again.
State Sen. Toni Boucher
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 New Canaan's Allison Williams Honored On 40-Under-40 List