WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
I would like to extend my heartfelt thank you to the voters, to the many volunteers and my family for their support. Their vote of confidence is gratifying. I never forget that you are providing me with a rare opportunity to represent their interests in Hartford.
The people’s position on important policies of the state must always be heard and it is a sacred trust that I take very seriously. It has also had the added benefit of the personal friendships developed that carry me through the more difficult moments (like year-after-year power outages). Because of you, I consider myself an extraordinarily lucky human being.
Connecticut was once the envy of all for its top schools, innovative commercial enterprises and products, low taxes and no state income tax that attracted jobs and people from around the country. Too of many of our friends and neighbors are now forced to make the difficult decision to leave.
The next session will be a difficult one. Many tough decisions will need to be made to revitalize our state’s economy. We did it before and I am confident that if bipartisan efforts are embraced, we can do it again.
State Sen. Toni Boucher
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose