STAMFORD, Conn. —The following is an endorsement from the Stamford United Auto Workers of U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy, D-CT4, and his campaign for the U.S. Senate against Republican Linda McMahon. The Stamford Daily Voice accepts all letters and endorsements which can be submitted via email to Stamford@DailyVoice.com.
To the editor,
The members of Stamford UAW have announced their endorsement of Congressman Chris Murphy for U.S. Senate.
“As a congressman, Murphy has been a powerful advocate for the middle and working class of Connecticut and ever active in fighting for the people of Connecticut on Capitol Hill,” said Gloria Kelley, president of the Stamford UAW. “His concern for the well-being of working families is exactly what we need in the U.S. Senate.”
Stamford UAW members have been dedicating their weekends to campaigning for Murphy as well as registering Connecticut residents to vote.
The Stamford UAW represents more than 400 city employees from 9-1-1 dispatchers and maintenance workers to school secretaries, social service workers, health inspectors and more. Over 65 percent of Stamford UAW members are also Stamford residents.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan