NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A Stamford judge rejected motions from New Canaan resident J. Michael Farren's defense team, clearing the way for the former White House counsel to stand trial for the attempted murder of his wife in 2010, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Farren is accused of brutally beating his wife, Mary Margaret Farren, with a Maglite flashlight in their New Canaan home, the Stamford Advocate reported.
If convicted on all counts, Farren faces up to 70 years in prison. A jury in a civil trial has already awarded Mary Margaret Farren $28 million in damages in the incident, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 5 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears