NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A Stamford judge rejected motions from New Canaan resident J. Michael Farren's defense team, clearing the way for the former White House counsel to stand trial for the attempted murder of his wife in 2010, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Farren is accused of brutally beating his wife, Mary Margaret Farren, with a Maglite flashlight in their New Canaan home, the Stamford Advocate reported.
If convicted on all counts, Farren faces up to 70 years in prison. A jury in a civil trial has already awarded Mary Margaret Farren $28 million in damages in the incident, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 3 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 4 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 New Canaan Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday