Candle Suspected In Fire That Destroyed New Canaan Cottage

  • Comment
New Canaan fire officials believe a candle started the blaze that destroyed a local cottage.
New Canaan fire officials believe a candle started the blaze that destroyed a local cottage. Photo Credit: NewCanaanFire.com

NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- An unattended candle may be to blame for a fire that destroyed a cottage on Michigan Road late Wednesday, March 19, according to the New Canaan Advertiser. 

New Canaan fire officials said nobody was in the home at the time of the blaze, and no injuries were reported, the New Canaan Advertiser reported. 

A neighboring tenant on the property saw the glow from the fire and reported it, the Advertiser said. First responders arrived at 8:33 p.m. and had the blaze under control by 9:03 p.m. according the the New Canaan Advertiser. 

Click here to read the full story. 

  • Comment

Comments