NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- An unattended candle may be to blame for a fire that destroyed a cottage on Michigan Road late Wednesday, March 19, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
New Canaan fire officials said nobody was in the home at the time of the blaze, and no injuries were reported, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
A neighboring tenant on the property saw the glow from the fire and reported it, the Advertiser said. First responders arrived at 8:33 p.m. and had the blaze under control by 9:03 p.m. according the the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan