NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- An unattended candle may be to blame for a fire that destroyed a cottage on Michigan Road late Wednesday, March 19, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
New Canaan fire officials said nobody was in the home at the time of the blaze, and no injuries were reported, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
A neighboring tenant on the property saw the glow from the fire and reported it, the Advertiser said. First responders arrived at 8:33 p.m. and had the blaze under control by 9:03 p.m. according the the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan