NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- An unattended candle may be to blame for a fire that destroyed a cottage on Michigan Road late Wednesday, March 19, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
New Canaan fire officials said nobody was in the home at the time of the blaze, and no injuries were reported, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
A neighboring tenant on the property saw the glow from the fire and reported it, the Advertiser said. First responders arrived at 8:33 p.m. and had the blaze under control by 9:03 p.m. according the the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 3 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan