NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Nearly 300 New Canaan homes were without power Friday afternoon due to an accident on snowy roads on Heritage Hill Road, according to New Canaan Emergency Management Director Mike Handler.
Handler said a vehicle hit and snapped a utility pole at about 12:37 p.m. The driver was not injured. Connecticut Light and Power crews were working to restore the power to about 280 homes in that areas and the power should be restored by 8 p.m., he said.
Handler urged drivers to stay off the roads as conditions are expected to get worse. He also asked residents to register their families at www.smartprepare.com to help emergency officials assist their families in emergencies.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48