NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Nearly 300 New Canaan homes were without power Friday afternoon due to an accident on snowy roads on Heritage Hill Road, according to New Canaan Emergency Management Director Mike Handler.
Handler said a vehicle hit and snapped a utility pole at about 12:37 p.m. The driver was not injured. Connecticut Light and Power crews were working to restore the power to about 280 homes in that areas and the power should be restored by 8 p.m., he said.
Handler urged drivers to stay off the roads as conditions are expected to get worse. He also asked residents to register their families at www.smartprepare.com to help emergency officials assist their families in emergencies.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 NBC News Chief Wants New Canaan's Brian Williams Back On The Air
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI