NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Nearly 300 New Canaan homes were without power Friday afternoon due to an accident on snowy roads on Heritage Hill Road, according to New Canaan Emergency Management Director Mike Handler.
Handler said a vehicle hit and snapped a utility pole at about 12:37 p.m. The driver was not injured. Connecticut Light and Power crews were working to restore the power to about 280 homes in that areas and the power should be restored by 8 p.m., he said.
Handler urged drivers to stay off the roads as conditions are expected to get worse. He also asked residents to register their families at www.smartprepare.com to help emergency officials assist their families in emergencies.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts