NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Nearly 300 New Canaan homes were without power Friday afternoon due to an accident on snowy roads on Heritage Hill Road, according to New Canaan Emergency Management Director Mike Handler.
Handler said a vehicle hit and snapped a utility pole at about 12:37 p.m. The driver was not injured. Connecticut Light and Power crews were working to restore the power to about 280 homes in that areas and the power should be restored by 8 p.m., he said.
Handler urged drivers to stay off the roads as conditions are expected to get worse. He also asked residents to register their families at www.smartprepare.com to help emergency officials assist their families in emergencies.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home